[IT_REP] InukTIC >> Newsletter - 4 June 2011

Viviane Brouillard - Fédération des cégeps viviane.brouillard at fedecegeps.qc.ca
Sat Jun 4 15:58:08 EDT 2011

Learning
and collaborating
with ICT

Newsletter > 4 June 2011

InukTIC is a bilingual, interactive web site offering students thousands of resources for developing the skills in the ICT Profile for College Students.

Hello, fellow educational technology enthusiasts!

It has arrived! I'm sure you haven't slept in weeks in anticipation of seeing our new home page. The great unveiling takes place today.

>> This week

§  A brand-new home page: the first step toward change!

§  Your opinion counts!

A brand-new home page: the first step toward change!

www.inuktic.qc.ca/en <http://www.inuktic.qc.ca/en>
InukTIC's new home page has been simplified, is easier to use, and immediately shows college students what can be found on the web site. Changes have been made to navigation elements so that the most important menus are emphasized: Assess your skills <http://inuktic.qc.ca/?page=evaluation&local=en>  and Find resources <http://inuktic.qc.ca/?page=reperer&local=en> . For REPTICs/IT REPS, the Find resources menu changes to Edit a profile <http://inuktic.qc.ca/?page=reperer&local=en>  once you log in with your IT REP account. All other menus are accessible at all times at the bottom of the page.

InukTIC EXTRAS
The web site now allows users to:

§  keep up with new material and updates via Twitter <http://twitter.com/#!/inuktic>  and Facebook <http://www.facebook.com/inuktic> ;

§  subscribe to the "Recently added resources" RSS feed <http://inuktic.qc.ca/rss/rss_en.xml> , which posts the most recent online Learning Resources (LRs);

§  watch selected YouTube <http://www.youtube.com/inuktic>  videos classified according to the skills in the ICT Profile;

§  stay logged in with the "remember me" option (to come).

These changes are just the start and we hope you'll be keen to participate in this exciting new beginning <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkKBYY2ZbGM> , as Tracy Chapman would say.

Back <file:///C:\Users\Viviane\Documents\My%20Dropbox\_REPTIC\07.%20InukTIC\B.%20Promotion%20InukTIC\Infolettre\2011-05-25_Infolettre_InukTIC_FR.docx#haut>

Your opinion counts!

We would like to know your opinion on the new InukTIC home page and interface. We invite you to fill out the anonymous 5-questions survey at the following link:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/inuktic_home <http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/inuktic_home>
Password: inuktic
Deadline: Wednesday 8 June, 5:00 p.m.

Back