[ITREP] RE : Open question to all : e-portfolios

Laurence Lachapelle-Bégin llb at ntic.org
Fri Dec 7 10:35:32 EST 2012

Dear IT Reps,

The following open question on e-portfolio projects in anglophone colleges was sent last week:

1.       Are e-portfolios implemented (or in the process of being implemented) in your college, at the course, program, or institutional level?
2.       If so,
a.       Which e-portfolio tools have been selected?
b.      How is the portfolio used?
c.       What are the benefits of using an e-portfolio? (for students, teachers, administration...)
d.      What are the challenges involved in using an e-portfolio? (for students, teachers, administration...)

I had promised to send all results back to you, however, the question remains unanswered to this day. This could indicate there are no projects at the moment, which is a valid answer as well.

A Vitrine technologie-éducation article<http://en.ntic.org/drupal/implementing-eportfolios> about the successful implementation of e-portfolios was published last Friday on our blog; if you become aware of e-portfolio projects in your college, you are most welcome to add a comment at the bottom of the article or to contact me.

Best regards,

Laurence Lachapelle-Bégin
Conseillère pédagogique / Education Advisor
Vitrine technologie-éducation<vteducation.org>
(514) 332-3000 poste 6028

<http://ntic.org>
________________________________
I am currently writing an article on e-portfolios for the VTÉ blog, and I was looking for examples of use in Anglophone cegeps and colleges.

Questions:

1.       Are e-portfolios implemented (or in the process of being implemented) in your college, at the course, program, or institutional level?

2.       If so,

a.       Which e-portfolio tools have been selected?

b.      How is the portfolio used?

c.       What are the benefits of using an e-portfolio? (for students, teachers, administration...)

d.      What are the challenges involved in using an e-portfolio? (for students, teachers, administration...)

I will compile the results of this inquiry and send them back to all of you.

Thank you for your contribution!

Laurence Lachapelle-Bégin
Conseillère pédagogique / Education Advisor
Vitrine technologie-éducation<UrlBlockedError.aspx>
Tél. : 514 332-3000, poste 6028