[ITREP] Vanier PDO Fall workshops

Jennifer Mitchell mitchelj at vaniercollege.qc.ca
Thu Sep 25 14:20:50 EDT 2014

Hello,

The Pedagogical Development Office at Vanier College is organizing workshops for the Fall 2014 semester and we would like to extend the invitation to teachers and staff from your college to participate in any of our workshops. If you could please share the following information with anyone who might be interested we would greatly appreciate it. This information is also available at the PDO webpage<http://www.vaniercollege.qc.ca/pdo>.

PDO Workshop: Effective Marking Rubrics
Wednesday, October 1 from 4:00-5:30 pm
Room F-216

Preparing marking rubrics can help ease your marking, make it more objective and fair, and aid your students in preparing for their assessments. Discover several different marking rubric examples and discuss ideas for making your own. Examples will include rubrics for: Essay Writing, Article Summary, Lab Tests, Oral Presentations, and Basic English Grammar in any written assignment.

Animators: Wilma Brown and Jennifer Mitchell, PDO

PDO Workshop: Successful Exam Preparation
Thursday, November 6 from 4:00-5:30 pm
Room F-216

Are you and your students struggling to prepare for exams? Want some tips on how to prepare exams that really test the knowledge, skills, and aptitudes of your students? This workshop will help you develop exams that connect both the competencies of your students and look at ways to help you prepare your students to be more successful on their exams.

Animators: Wilma Brown and Jennifer Mitchell, PDO

RSVP at PDO at vaniercollege.qc.ca<mailto:PDO at vaniercollege.qc.ca>

Thanks,
Jen Mitchell

Pedagogical Counsellor in IT, PDO