[ITREP] Is My Assignment Ready To Be Submitted? A multiple uses tool

Perreault, Nicole Nicole.Perreault at fedecegeps.qc.ca
Thu Sep 7 14:11:56 EDT 2017

Hello everyone,

At the AQPC annual symposium in June, I was pleased to attend many interesting and inspiring workshops. One of these caught my attention : a presentation by our ITREP colleague from the CEGEP Marie-Victorin, Julie Verdy, who took over from France Séguin, and her colleague Catherine Paquin-Boivin.

The workshop entitled L'enseignement explicite des bases de l'intégrité intellectuelle (Teaching Intellectual Integrity in an Explicit Manner) presented a decision-making tool, intended for students, about respecting intellectual property. It is a decision tree that features five essential questions to answer before submitting an assignment. The workshop presented the tool, which may in turn be used as a basis for teaching rules to avoid plagiarism.

Julie, Catherine and the Service de développement pédagogique, des programmes et de la recherche of the CEGEP Marie-Victorin agreed to share the tool : it may be used by any educational institution and adapted to showcase resources you wish to refer your students to.

http://bit.ly/integrity-decision-making (in English)

To learn more about how this tool was developed and its many uses, please view the slideshow used during the presentation<http://aqpc.qc.ca/sites/default/files/files/colloque/publications/l_enseignement_explicite_des_bases_de_l_integrite_intellectuelle.pdf> at the AQPC symposium in June 2017 (in French).

CREATE A COPY OF THE DECISION-MAKING TOOL AND EDIT IT

1.       Create a copy :

·         You have a Google account :  make copy of the file  before making any changes: File -> Make a copy

·         You do not have a Google account :  File Menu -> Download to format...

2.       You or teachers from your college may modify the hyperlinks featured in the tool, according to the resources you wish to refer students to.

3.       Send a copy of the electronic file to your students.

Julie and Catherine generously agreed to facilitate a workshop at the November 1, 2, 3, 2017 ITREP meeting<https://www.reptic.qc.ca/en/meeting-november-2017/>, at the CEGEP de Sainte-Foy (Quebec City)

A community of practice, so very useful! :)

NICOLE PERREAULT
IT REPRESENTATIVES NETWORK (REPTIC)
Direction des affaires éducatives et de la recherche

FÉDÉRATION DES CÉGEPS
500, boulevard Crémazie Est, Montréal (Québec) H2P 1E7
Tél. : 514 381-8631 poste 2387 Téléc. : 514 381-2263
REPTIC Web site:  http://www.reptic.qc.ca/en
ICT Profile Web space : http://www.ictprofile.ca<http://www.ictprofile.ca/>
Cyberself.ca Web site : http://www.cyberself.ca<http://www.cyberself.ca/>
Email : nicole.perreault at fedecegeps.qc.ca<mailto:nicole.perreault at fedecegeps.qc.ca>
Pseudo Skype : nicoquette

Before printing, think about the environment